Monday, August 27, 2007

My Boys....




I have always referred to my children as "the boys" and often I include Joe in that group :*).


I am thrilled to be the only girl in the house so the label "the boys" just fits.


Today I realized that "the boys" are now one big boy and one young man!!


I sent them off to school today almost completely relaxed, with almost no anxiety, and a sense of pride in knowing that Joe and I have raised boys that teachers will be thrilled to have as students.


I dropped Joseph off at school, his first day of High School, he was excited and really looking forward to his new adventure. When the car door shut and I drove off, I glanced back to have a Mommy moment and watch my little boy walk away....the car behind me (obviously driven by the parent of a sophomore!) HONKED so i snapped out of it and drove off :*).


I walked Anthony to the "big kid"playground he was happy to have me there with him that was until he saw all his friends then he happily started chatting it up with them.


This afternoon I picked them both up and was greeted with smiling faces, they both had great days and are looking forward to a great school year.

3 comments:

Dorene said...

Oh Lisa,
Your so right. When I looked at the slide show, I thought, wow, has he ever turned into a hansome young man.

It's always wonderful to see what your family has been up to. I know you must be proud of all your boys.
Dorene

Rebecca said...

LOL you sure that wasn't *me* honking at you :)

Laurie said...

Lisa, Having been fortunate enough to have been a teacher to both your boys, you are correct in knowing that teachers are thrilled to have Dones boys in their classrooms.