Monday, September 15, 2008

What's in a name?

So all of us have names, nicknames, email addresses, blog names, etc. I personally am fascinated and interested in knowing where these names originated. Leave me a comment and tell where your unique "name" comes from. I will start....My Email address is: Berrygirl327. The 327 is my birth month and date. The Berrygirl is from my love of strawberries, I have been collecting strawberry items (for my kitchen ) for YEARS!!! At one time most of my house was decorated with strawberries because my collection was huge!!!!. About a year ago I redecorated and now just the kitchen is decorated in strawberries. The Lollipop Cropper nickname comes from my group of scrapbooking friends being from Lollipop Lane Preschool (one of my many beloved places of employment!) My Blog Name: Do I really have time for this? Well this one is self- explanitory!! I am super self enflicted BUSY all the time, have a hard time saying no, and consider the clock my biggest enemy! I have forced myself to blog, to carve out a little sit down and relax time :o)

6 comments:

Karen said...

Well Lisa there is not much that I can tell you about how I came up with Karenlollipop you already know it all. My Email is djkapap it is for David John Karen Armstrong papa.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barb said...

Hi, Lisa! I lost your email address, so I'm commenting instead! I just received my blog candy in the mail tonight, and I am so excited!! Thanks so much for the wonderful giveaway!

My FosterDesignHouse blog name: Foster is my last name, and I'm an Architectural project manager by day so that is where the Design House comes in. No real imagination or fun stories for me, sorry!

Monique Griffith said...

My blog name, and the name I put on the back of all my cards is "Monkey Doodle". This is named after my daughter, Emily, who just turned 4. When she was a baby, she used to always hold things - like her bottle - with her feet. She even once brushed her teeth (for maybe 5 seconds, haha) by putting the toothbrush in her toes! So we always gave her different monkey names like "Monkey Toes". But my dad, whom Emily is soooo in love with, always called her "Monkey Doodle" because that's what his mom used to call him. Anyway, it just really fit her, and she knows it refers to her.

Raimi said...

I was named(my name is Raimi) after a gymnast that my aunt competed against right before I was born. My aunt actually won the competition but my parents still loved the name...thank goodness. They were going to name me Camie O. Davis. Get it? Camie O! If you were to ask my Mom today, She would tell you that they were just creative. My nickname growing up was Hooverina. What can I say... I still love to vacuum. Here are a few names of some of my family members(my Moms maiden name is Shore). Her name is Sandy Shore. Her brother's name is Wade A. Shore, & he married Shelley who is now Shelley Shore. My sisters name is Sommer Shore & she has a daughter Aubree, who goes by Breezy Shore. It goes on but I will leave you with that. What a fun post!

Mommy Mouse said...

Cute post! My e-mail is Gnamouse my name is Gina & I LOVE Minnie Mouse. My blog is MommyMouseGinaWeaver, I'm a bit obbession with disney & when I was pregnant everyone always asks the expecting mother is it a boy or girl my response was always It's a Mouse! LOL
It was a girl 2yrs 4 mths ago and so I've grown up from Minnie Mouse to Mommy Mouse, Gina again is my name and Weaver is my last name thanks to my Dream Weaver hubby :*) That's my story!